Next Steps - Version 0.8 on the Horizon
Next Version Goals:
We currently are putting together the shell for the new character archetypes that are going to be added in version 0.8. For now, that will be the biggest addition to the game from version 0.7.5. Here's a list of our current goals for version 0.8:
- Add 4 new Archetypes each for Fantasy, Magical Girl and Superhero genres.
- Take a look through Advancement and see if we can make some advancements more interesting.
- Explore the possibility of a more robust Relationship mechanic, since relationships are inherently at the heart of Chimera.
- Explore adding "Additional Rules" for Major Genres instead of only having those in the Micro Genres.
- Explore the idea of Playbook Agnostic moves bound to each genre that one could advance into.
- More art for the additional playbooks.
- Bug fixes.
Here's where you can help:
It's going to take at least a month for us to get to this next version. We would love it if people would give the game a try and spread the word for others to check it out as well. The more eyes we can have on this, the better the end product will be, since we want to hear from you about what works and, especially, what doesn't work. Got any cool ideas for the current genres that we might not have thought about, either? Feel free to toss suggestions our way, too! We'll take this all into consideration when crafting the next version. After 0.8, it's going to be a lot of play testing and bug fixes for version 0.9, but after that, the final version of the game will be right around the corner!
For now, you can share our info on @ChimeraRPG Twitter with your followers. Here's our new pinned tweet talking about what this game is about:
Also, you can share the easy to remember link to our project here:
Finally, if you like what we've put together here, leave us a Rating right here on Itch! If you have an account it doesn't take much time, and it will help out tremendously.
Thanks, everyone, for your support! You are helping make this game even better by supporting us here in Itch. We can't wait to show you what we have in store for the next version. Stay tuned!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.